Saturday, March 24, 2012

Rain, rain, go away, come again.... next winter?

For months, I've been jam packing my horse goals into March and April, because I have some extra income to pay for it currently. What does the weather decide to do? Make up all of the rain if forgot to give us all fall and winter and throw it down in torrential sheets, hail, and snow all in the few weeks in needed to do the final prep! UHG!

The dressage trainer has a covered arena, so I've been trailering out there each weekend to get a lesson (and a dry place to ride). In the mean time, I'm making lemonade of the flooded corner of the arena, and we are pretending it is a water feature.

So one last lesson today, a whole lot of prep and packing, and at some point late afternoon I'll know if the show for tomorrow is on or cancelled. We'll be trying out Intro Test C and BN Test A. Hoping for a sanity, really that is all. No prancing giraffe, that's all I ask.

Then next weekend we're trying out a cross-rail class at a local H/J schooling show. Problem is last week was meant to be our first real jumping lesson, and both attempts were rained out. We're now set for Tuesday night, but that's not looking good either! For that matter, next weekend will probably pour, so I might not have a show to prep for!

The real goal with all of this is a two day horse trial at the end of April. I was hoping to have the test already run through one and start taming our horse show course nerves at least a month out.

Ho hum. I had it so well planned.

I guess its a wait and see!

No comments: